The NDIS has changed the way that people with disabilities can explore, choose and decide for themselves where and how they live. You have far more options than ever before, with Group Homes being phased out and smaller households being preferred with more tailored and individualised supports.
At Milparinka, working alongside people with disabilities and their families to find a new home is not new to us. We have one of the most experienced Home and Living Support teams in Victoria that has supported many people to find and move into a diverse range of new homes.
The NDIS can put funding into your Plan so that you can work with a Milparinka Home and Living Consultant to explore your options and to:
- Help you to understand the complex NDIS Home and Living space.
- Build a unique housing vision that accounts for your individual needs and preferences.
- Understand what kind of Allied Health reporting can make sure you give clear information to the NDIS about your needs in your home environment.
- Support you to talk to the NDIS and other providers about how to implement your housing vision.
- Assist with applying for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) if required.
- Link with providers who build both specialist and mainstream dwellings for people with disabilities, including family projects and owner investor models.
- Link with providers of Supported Independent Living (SIL), Individual Living Options (ILO’s) and Assistance with Daily Living supports.
You can use different types of funding to access these supports through Milparinka – give us a call to discuss how we can support you.
If you want more information, please refer to our home website.